TeachersConnect is looking for a junior PHP developer to help us create new ways for teachers around the world to connect with each other. This is initially a contract role that could turn into a full time role and the successful applicant must be able to visit our Boston office on a regular basis.
Who we are?
TeachersConnect is an in-person and online network that gives new K-12 teachers a safe place to ask their most pressing questions—even the embarrassing ones—and get answers from a trusted network of peers, mentors, and experts who understand the real-world classroom challenges.
In partnership with teacher prep programs across the country, TeachersConnect is laying the groundwork to ensure a world in which teaching is never a solo activity and “teacher prep” stays with teachers for as long as they want it.
Who are you?
You are a talented and resourceful developer who wants to make a huge difference to a small agile team. You are excited and motivated by the opportunity to work for a tech startup in a competitive and uncharted business sector.
The team you will join is focussed on delivering the best comprehensive network platform to the educational space. Understanding this space and our customers needs will be critical and we are fully committed to taking a lean approach to product development. We focus our development on an iterative sprint structure that integrates design, customer feedback, code building and testing very tightly. You feel comfortable delivering working code on a specific timeline and can communicate clearly when things impact our forward momentum.
You will be
- Resourceful and Creative.
- Product and Solution focussed.
- Open minded – reading around the subject a lot – both from a technical and business perspective.
- Committed to the Lean startup approach – you understand that we must test features as early as possible to ensure their viability.
- Strong knowledge of the programming language PHP.
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Understanding of unit testing, integration testing and load testing.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
- Mobile / Cordova / Ionic experience.
- Unit Testing/Integration Testing/Load Te
- Good database experience (both NoSQL and relational) / MongoDB (preferable).